Devil's Bride (Cynster Novels)

Devil's Bride - Stephanie Laurens I didn't like the first chapter of this book. I was very damn close to tossing it out after it's lame start. (Girl moves to town to be a finishing governess and doesn't know the ducal family's name but is too afraid to just ask anyone. So, therefore goes around stupid. Oh, and she's very rich and doesn't have to be a governess, she just chooses to in order to kill time before she runs off to Africa... or some other crazy place, which doesn't matter because soon she'll forget all about wanting adventures and decide to get married and have babies).So glad I stayed with this book - it ended up being way better than I expected. There were a couple of annoying parts that really ticked me off (you know, the usual girl does something that everyone can see coming from a mile away... and the murderer was obvious from the very second you meet him) but overall, I really enjoyed this story and give it 3.5 stars. There are like 500 books in this series (ok, maybe only 15, but, god!) and I'm going to try and make it through and hope it doesn't get too repetitive. We'll see.