Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Where the Stars Still Shine - Trish Doller

I had this fear when I started this book... I really liked Trish Doller's first book and with my track record and absurd bad luck with books, I was nervous this one would fail. I am happy to announce: my fear was for naught!!!!

Not gonna lie, and without getting all emo and personal on ya, the beginning of this book hit a little too close to home. In the very first paragraph I bonded with the main character and had to take a moment to fight the tight knot it my chest before I could continue reading. Yes. That quickly. One paragraph.

I really do like the way this author writes her teens. She probably comes about the closest to what fits as "real" to me. Much more so that the way "new" teens are written. Meh, maybe it's a Generation X thing? I don't know. I just get her characters.

Even as I watched the little train wrecks in the middle - I understood. Not like when a book jumps the shark or makes me angry, but actual OH MI GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S DOING THAT. WELL, OF COURSE SHE IS. MAKE IT STOP. BUT NOOOO!!!

The ending was a little bit lame and I wanted more, but overall, I'm going to consider this a success.